Answers for all your queries related to US Immigration. To set up a consultation with our attorneys, Click here!
R1 Religious Worker Visa

R-1 Religious Workers

Persons who want to enter the U.S. temporarily to work as a Religious Worker must first obtain an R-1 Visa. In order to qualify for an R-1 Religious Worker Visa, the person must be coming to the U.S. temporarily:

  • Solely for the purpose of carrying on the vocation of a minister; or
  • In order to work for an organization, at their request, as a professional in a religious vocation or occupation; or
  • To work for a non-profit religious organization, at the request of the organization, in a religious vocation or occupation.

The person must have, for the 2 years immediately preceding the time of application for admission, been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit, religious organization in the U.S.

To determine if you are eligible for a R-1 Religious Worker Visa, as a religious worker for a bona fide religious organization, please contact our office for a consultation.

«« back
Login to Emaximm
"I wanted to let you know that you and your team are doing a terrific job. With the Immigration dates becoming current, I am sure there is a lot of work. Amidst all ... . " »»

Emaxim - US Immigration Software